Sunday, July 14, 2013

Making Strawberry Shortcake Birthday Decorations

My adorable granddaughter, Miss Anna, will be turning 2 years old in just a few days. Her mommy is planning a Strawberry Shortcake birthday Party for her. I loved Strawberry Shortcake when my first daughter was due to be born and so her room was completely decorated to the max in the design.
Well it's still popular and seems my grand baby likes her a lot too. So I am helping make some things.

My daughter got the handy idea of giving thank you's to all the guests at the end of the party attached to the kids goody bags to take with them. I said Ok I can help with that project, let me see what I can come up with for you.
So I found a cute picture to work with then using a program I like I put this together for a thank you note.
I grabbed some cute strawberries to add as a border around the little girls picture of strawberry shortcake and her friends
put it all together in my program 
then added some text and decided on a font to use and what color I liked best.


Once the card was complete and I got my daughter's approval on the design and layout I saved it to print. Then I printed out the number of sheets I wanted sizing it to 4 per page makes it for the perfect thank you note size. I then printed it on matte card stock on the printer Looking Good!!
This is so easy, just takes a little time to learn the program and lay things out how you like.
Then after everything is printed out, I used my handy dandy paper cutter, this thing is a must Have item. It saves time, keeps things neat and straight and I wouldn't want to be without it, You can get them at craft stores, or office supply stores and maybe even Wally world stores.

After I printed out the thank you notes I did make some mini cards that can be used as place cards
I also printed out some coloring pages to entertain the kids, who doesn't like to color?? I know I still do and I will join the kids for this fun.
Another project complete, onto the next craft idea.
Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment