Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fresh Smelling Multipurpose Cleaner

Fresh Smelling Multipurpose Cleaner
3 1/2 cups hot water
1/2 cup white or apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon Borax
1 teaspoon washing soda
1 teaspoon liquid castile soap
1 32 oz. spray bottle
Fill spray bottle with hot water first, then add vinegar, borax, washing soda and castile soap. Shake well to mix ingredients and then shake well before using each time.
I’m not sure it is really “fresh smelling”, although it doesn’t smell like vinegar at all. In fact, it got Jer’s approval!! I sprayed it all around on the kitchen countertops and stovetop last night and had Jer come in and smell it. He said it smelled like a science experiment (not sure exactly what that means), but he agreed that he didn’t smell any vinegar, and agreed that he would be willing to use it as a cleaner. My counters were not that dirty, so I can’t really attest to how much cleaning power this has, but I am excited to have a cheap, homemade, green cleaner that doesn’t smell like vinegar and that my hubby will actually use!
The directions in the book say to spray on countertops, kitchen appliances and fixtures, and tile or painted surfaces. I’m sure you could use it in the bathroom too.
- See more at: http://www.liverenewed.com/2009/06/homemade-multipurpose-cleaner.html#sthash.PMD7shlm.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment