Saturday, January 12, 2013

Valentine Fun-Invisible INK

Valentine craft for LMNOP blog

 
Did you know you can make great invisible ink from lemon juice? Armed with this new bit of knowledge I put my thinking cap on and came up with the idea that invisible ink + message in bottle = cool valentines day gift!

The invisible ink bit is easy…simply squeeze a lemon and use the juice to write a message on a piece of white paper. I don’t have a dip pen so just ended up using a q-tip (cotton bud).

Then you need to find a bottle to put the message in. I used an old vanilla extract bottle. I also stuffed in lots of multi-coloured hearts as you can see!

To reveal the message all you have to do is hold it up to a heat source (you can see the results in the image below). You can use a lightbulb, iron (no steam) or candle for example. PLEASE PLEASE be careful and don’t let the kids do this bit. I nearly flambĂ©ed a few pieces of paper on the stove top.

I love these coloured hearts almost as much as I love my hubby and took a zillion pictures!!

Check out the LMNOP blog for lots more goodies….

Update: A lot of people have asked me where the hearts come from….I have a little heart punch and bought a lovely rainbow pad from paperchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment