Monday, July 22, 2013

Granny squares Crochet


Someone sent this to me and I had to share, I will look for her website one of these days and see what else she might have, please do try to go check out the site name in the pictures, I did not make the design
But I do crochet

Now this is a color combo I like, This I will be working on soon

Bright little girly grannies appeared as if by magic...


These are loosely based on the Summer Garden Granny Square from Attic 24, but as ever I had to do it my way and changed a couple of things...  If you would like to magic up some of your own here is the pattern...

I used a 4.5 mm hook, dk yarn, American crochet terms.  Standard abbreviations and at the start of every row the 1st dc is worked with a chain 3.

To start, ch 5 (counts as 1st dc & ch 1);  (dc 1, ch 1) 7 times into the 5th chain from hook. [So you have 8 dcs each separated by a ch 1].  Join to top of 3rd starting chain with a sl st.  Fasten off.

Now into each space work 3 dc, ch 1.  Join with a sl st and fasten off.

For the final round work * (dc 3, ch 2, dc 3) in space, ch 1, (3 hdc) in space, ch 1; repeat from * 3 times more.  Join with a sl st and fasten off.

No comments:

Post a Comment