Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Bird Feeder DIY


Bird Feeder DIY

found this idea, now I just need a glass drill bit

 What do you do with your empty wine or beer or non alcohol bottle after its empty?? Why, make a bird feeder of course. I love the color and design of this bottle so I had Alan convert it into a bird feeder for our backyard. I need to add some red ribbon to it to attract birds, but besides that I really like how it turned out.
Using your glass cutting drill bit cut two or three holes at the bottom of the bottle.
 Then, find a saucer that is bigger than the bottle bottom and, using epoxy, adhere the bottle to the saucer.

 Use baling wire, or any other easy to bend wire, wrap the top of the bottle with wire and create a hanger.
Fill with bird feed of choice. That’s all.
Hang in nearest tree and enjoy bird watching all summer long.

4 comments:

  1. Question for you.. After use did the epoxy come loose from plate and bottle? And do you find that the birds need more of a perch? After hanging did you have to make any adjustments to the design?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it held up a really long time, what happened with mine was a wind storm ;(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used a bit for cutting glass but the bottle keeps breaking! Is there a trick to it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had problems too at first, it takes a special diamond drill bit, and go really slow, let it cool off in between drilling as it gets really hot too and that will cause it to break. it's best if you can use a water drill I was told but I don't have one of those either

    ReplyDelete