Monday, March 4, 2013

Make your own laundry soap



I am sick of the prices of laundry soap and the lack of quality, I also don't like not knowing what all is really in my soap products and what I am putting in my clothes that goes on my skin these days after all the bad things I read about products. I decided to look for recipes to DIY


so again I am sharing with you what I find:


recipe


3 Tablespoons Borax

3 Tablespoons Washing Soda

2 Tablespoons Dawn Dish soap


Put these ingredients in a one gallon jug. Pour 4 cups boiling water into the jug. Swirl until ingredients are dissolved in the liquid. Let liquid cool. Then fill almost to the top with cold water. The bubbles will overflow out of the bottle.

I love this because you can pick an awesome scent with the Dawn dish soap. This dish soap works the best because it gets grease out. :o)









As FOND as I am of the soap I’ve been using for over 8 months now…I felt I needed to at least give this version a fair shake. Sooo…I made up a gallon of it and have been using it for almost a week. I’ve used almost the entire gallon and despite my initial skepticism…I have not noticed any difference in it’s ability to get my clothes clean from my current recipe. I use approximately 1/2 cup to 1 cup per load. I know that sounds like a lot, but it’s pretty thin and since it’s SO easy and inexpensive to make, it doesn’t bother me.


Of course there are still those items of clothing that will need an extra boost with some“Homemade Shout” or “Homemade Oxi-Clean”….but overall I honestly haven’t noticed any difference in it’s cleaning ability.


For those of you concerned with HE washers…I haven’t noticed any more soap suds with this “recipe” either. On a small load I will notice some sudsing…but on a large load…it appears to me to be as low-suds as my previous version.







So….today I offer up this “new” version of homemade laundry detergent to those who have to this point been reluctant or unwilling to try making their own. A couple of things that might convince you to try…no grating of soap…no cooking…and you can make one gallon at a time in just a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment